Translate

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Woodland Buildable Animals Die Sets - Harry The Hedgehog on A Handmade Note Book

Hello, thanks for popping by to have a look at another of the fantastic Buildable Woodland Animal Die Sets.  Today I've chosen Harry the Hedgehog, for this sample I made for the launch on Create and Craft tomorrow.

I kept this fairly simple as I think the little critter is all this needs :)

To make the notebook I started off with a sheet of A3 card, as thin as you can get, about a 160gms would be perfect although I had slightly thicker here so I used it up.  I folded the sheet of card in half, opened it up, then folded in half again the other way.  Open this up again and you will have four segments, fold these into the centre line until you get this
Cut along the fold lengthways, only cutting along 3 panels, leave the last one in tact.  Fold this last panel and glue in place, this is the middle page of your note book.  Fold the rest of the pages in an accordian style either side of this middle page, starting with a valley fold, so you have valley, mountain, valley either side.  Where you have the mountain fold, you need to glue the 2 sides together to keep this in place. Once this is done you should have the second and third panels glued together, fourth and fifth glued together and sixth and seventh glued together with a single thickness sheet for the first and last! This sounds an awful lot more complicated than it should.... lol its pretty much self explanatory once you start.  Now you need to add a cover so measure the height of your book which is just under 15cm which is just under 6" in old money.... Cut down a sheet of Craft Perfect Kraft card - 9558E lengthways to this measurement and glue on to one of your single sheets, wrap it around the spine of your book to keep your pages together giving a little room so you'll be able to open up your pages and glue to the other single sheet then trim off the excess.   I distressed this with an inking brush and some distress inks.
I cut one of the layers from the Swirling Frame Layering Die Set - 1462E out of some lined papers I had in an old scrapbooking pad I had, I popped one on the front to place the hedgehog on and glued one to each of the pages inside.

I cut the body from the lighter brown in the Craft Perfect range and inked just to define the embossed detail, I cut the rest of the pieces from two shades of light Craft Perfect, Ivory White and Cream, with his nose out of the Dark Grey as well as his eyes.  Because I use a Tangerine Die Cutting Machine it easily goes through two layers of card so I found I could cut the little ears at the same time, just to save time :)  I distressed the pieces to make them stand out and glued all of them flat to the body before popping it on to the cover of my book with some 3d foam pads.  I added the word 'notes' using the Clarice Lower Case Letter Die Set -1123E and some Nuvo Crystal Drops in Autumn Red - 683N

If you have any Questions about how I made the book or indeed put the hedgehog together, please get in contact :)

Happy Crafting

Karen xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen this is gorgeous I love the cute hedgehog. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x