Translate

Friday 17 October 2014

Winter Wishes Baubles

Today's card is made using the Rococo Bauble die and The Winter Wishes from the Christmas Wishes header fold die set.  I wanted to use pearlescent card for this so I had to cut my own 8" x 8" card blank again but this time after cutting an A4 sheet down to 8" in width I only made a pencil line there the 8" length score line would be as I didn't want a score line spoiling the centre of my header die cut.  I also cut a separate 8" x 8" piece for the back of my card which obviously doesn't get stuck on until the header has been cut out.

To cut the header die, I lined up the little notches in the bottom of the shape die centrally on my 8" pencil line, I taped this down and ran it through the cutting machine.  Next was the pattern part of the die, I lined this up, taped it down well and because its cutting in pretty much the centre of the board then it does take a few passes and possibly a few shims to get a nice clean cut but persevere because it really is worth it.  Once I was happy with my header die cut, I placed the card back on my score board and scored the two sides.  I covered the small back flap with double sided tape and stuck my card back in place.

I cut a layer of silver glitter card and a layer of white pearlescent card for the top layer which I stuck in place with silicone glue as I was sticking to glitter card.  I die cut three white baubles and three silver glitter circles and glued these together, added three strips of thin ribbon to my card where I wanted the baubles to hang and stuck them in place with 3d foam.  I hand tied three bows out of wide ribbon and glued these to the tops of the baubles.

I hope you like it,
Karen x

8 comments:

  1. Love, love, love it Karen. Definitely another winner.

    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alison, I appreciate all the feedback :) Hope to see you soon xx

      Delete
  2. love this card so very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhian sister of karen x3 November 2014 at 12:07

    Love this one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you trying to pick your Christmas Card? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done an amazing job, this one wouldn't look out of place in Clintons!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x