Translate

Sunday 3 January 2016

Happy New Year! Tonic Studios Kensington Handbag Die


Well, it's all as far away as ever, I've had a fabulous break with the family but it's back to business.  If you were lucky enough to manage to get the wonderful new Tonic Studios Kensington Handbag die set then lucky you as it sold out within the first few hours of being aired on Create and Craft on New Year's Day.  Once made up, it's a lovely sizable bag and I've made a few to give you some ideas for when yours pop through your letterbox.

Unfortunately I was in a bit of a rush to deliver these down to Tonic HQ and forgot to photograph them.... oops but I did take a couple of snapshots while I was making them on my messy desk!

My first try with the die set and I think my favourite of all.  I cut all bag pieces out of black apart from the top clasp which I cut in gold mirror card.  I used the insert panel die to emboss rather than cut, with my Tangerine I am lucky enough to have two sets of mats so I used the two green mats with one green rubber mat and this combination embosses the die beautifully without cutting the pattern.  I rubbed a little Nuvo Gold Gilding Blush over this to emphasise the pattern and cut a gold layer for behind it before sticking my bag together.






These are one of the most simple things to put together but you can really go to town when you decorate them, I've used glitter and diamantes, self adhesive faux leather and patterned card.  I'll pop a few more photos on over the coming days.

Happy New Year Crafting :)

Karen xx





5 comments:

  1. Stunning handbag Karen, love all the detailing and the gilding is fab. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - I missed out on getting this but am hoping some more become available- love it Karen - well done x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's beautiful Karen, can't wait to see your other ones xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's beautiful Karen, can't wait to see your other ones xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x