Translate

Friday 20 January 2017

Brrr.... So cold.... Here's Another Bendy Card - Tangled Terrace Window Box Die Set


Morning All, well it's a chilly but beautifully sunny day down here in South Wales today :)   I'd like to share a card that I made using the new Tonic Studios Window Box Die Collection, this one is using the Tangled Terrace
 
 Along with the Tangled Terrace - 1563E, I also used the leaf spray from the Autumnal Oak Die Set - 1431E, the Best Wishes Miniature Moment Die - 1242E, Layered Leaves Embossing Folder - 1442E

I started off with a 6 x 6 card blank, I cut myself some layers, brown 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 and blue 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.  I embossed the blue layer then distressed the edge with some Burnished Bronze Nuvo Embellishment Mousse - 814N which I applied with an inking brush to give me a nice soft effect.  I lined my layer up on my card front before I cut the slit with the Window Box Slit Die - 1564E as I wanted my front curved elements to be right at the bottom of the card, not just the bottom of the layer.  I cut my main curved pieces from brown and added the detail cuts to the blue verso layer which I again distressed with the Nuvo Mousse.  I added my curved card pieces to the actual card blank so I knew it would stand up properly.  You could decorate this anyway you like but I chose the Autumn Leaves Collection to tie in with the foliage on the Verso detail die.  I cut the leaf spray in cream and brown, distressing the cream die cut with the Mousse and the same with the Best Wishes sentiment.  I attached these to the card front with my trusty Funky Glue Pen - 421E and added a pretty brown and cream gingham bow.  A nice simple card finished off with some Buttermilk Nuvo Crystal Drops - 652N



Hope you like it :)
Happy Crafting

Karen xx


1 comment:

  1. Hi Karin, fabulous card and such an inspirational design. Love the colours and I received my dies yesterday and looking forward to having a play. If mine turns out anywhere near as nice as yours I will be happy. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x