Translate

Monday 17 November 2014

I Miss You Topper and Frame with Flowers


Hi to all my new followers, its great to see you :).  For today's Tonic Studios card, I'm going to give you the instructions to make one of my cards that Jodie made live on Create and Craft.

I started off by making an 8" x 8" square card blank out of cream pearlescent card, I've shared how to do this so many times you're probably sick of reading it so I'll leave it out of this one :).  I cut a layer of gold pearlescent paper leaving a small border.  I punched a strip using the Simplicity Victorian Border punch both sides, sticking it in place on the left side of your layer.  Make a simple gold satin looped bow and attach it to a length of matching ribbon folding and sticking a small piece for the centre wrap on the bow.  Stick this in place in your layer with double sided tape. This large layer can now be stuck on your card.

Cut a cream layer leaving a small border on three sides and a gap from the punched strip on the fourth side, cut another gold paper layer to top this, again leaving a small border all the way around.

Cut the more square of the Flora Frames in cream and glue in place on your layered card front.  Cut the largest layer from the I Miss You inner topper set in gold paper, cut the I Miss You wording out of cream card using the smallest layer.  Stick this to the gold layer then add 3d foam pads to the back and attach it to the frame.

Cut three flowers from the Flora Frames in gold and three in cream, shape and layer them, alternating one set so you've got two cream on gold and one gold on cream.  Glue a pretty centre to them, mine are actually pearly snowflakes but they fit perfectly inside these flowers.  Glue them to the base of the frame and add two sets of the leaves.

Finish your card off with some pearls to match your flower centres.

I hope you like this one, I loved making it :)

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x