Translate

Wednesday 5 November 2014

Merry Christmas Poinsettia

After trying to replace some missing photos on my blog which seems to have a mind of its own with its moving posts and invisible pictures! I've finally managed to get today's post uploaded.

Today's card is another Christmas card, I seem to be on a roll!  I started off with an 8" x 8" pearlescent ivory card blank which I made from a couple if sheets of a4 card which had been trimmed down to size.  I layered with gold metallic and another layer of matching ivory pearl card.

A layer of wide Christmas organza ribbon was added as a border and one of the large corners from the Tonic Studios Mystic Vine Die Set was cut from matching ivory and gold and layered.  This was stuck to the bottom right of the card.

I made the poinsettia from the Oriental Lily die set by cutting 10 petals then embossing them using the embossing folder from the Idyllics Garland Fancy die set before inking the edges with a sponge and my Aged Photograph Distress Ink Pad.  I curved the petals by running them over my bone folder using my thumb to hold them down as you would do if you were curling some ribbon.  Once all 10 were shaped I glued them onto a punched circle with silicone glue to add some dimension.  The centre of the flower was finished with some tiny 3mm gold pearls.  Before sticking the flower in place, I die cut the large flourish from the Royal Fern die set in gold metallic card for it to lay on.

For the greeting I cut one of the scalloped tails from the Large Lacy Bow die set as a banner to hold the Merry Christmas sentiment out of the Christmas Cracker set.  This was stuck in place with 3d foam pads.

I hope you like it,

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x