Translate

Thursday 15 January 2015

Essential Die Sets Someone Special Card



I've tried to keep this card slightly younger looking and more contemporary with the patterned paper and lack of 'pearly' embellishments, usually a card isn't a card unless it's got ribbon and pearls... lol

I've mixed the die sets here, The hearts and heart strip are from a previous Essentials Die Set but the  Decorative strip on the small panel is from the new Cameo Creatives range with the letters obviously being the Pretoria Duocaps.

I made my card blank by cutting and folding A4 cards and sticking them together.  I completely covered the card fronts with K and Company patterned paper which has been kicking around literally for years.  I die cut one of the Twine Buckle strips from cream pearlescent card and glued it to the smaller front panel.  I die cut the I and U from the Pretoria Alphabet dies and stuck those on top.  The hearts are from the Someone Special Essentials set, the larger one being the ribbon slider embellishment with the tiny heart left over from the heart strip.

The layered heart frame was made by Cutting the large heart from the Essentials set six times then start to cut the layering dies out of each one, finishing off with the embossing die for the last heart which I added a little chalk ink to, just to make the debossed heart stand out.  I finished the card with a decorative strip across the bottom and left it at that!  No pearls, no gems, no ribbon!!

I hope you like it

Karen x

2 comments:

  1. What a great card, really love the way you have done the colours on this and the layers.
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x