Translate

Monday 13 October 2014

Christmas Double Easel Card


For the double easel card I kind of made it up as I went along but I'll try to measure it out for you as I'm explaining!

I started off with an A5 card blank (sheet of A4 card scored and folded in half) and cut one side in half from the centre line to the score line to make the two easel folding panels.  I then cut these two panels so they were square and scored them from the outside corner diagonally to the centre of the card.

I die cut my two gold backing panels  and glued them onto my folded easels, lining up from the centre.

For the front fold I found that I had too much card so I trimmed 3cm off then scored at 3cm and 6cm, these were folded to form the mountain fold at the front.  I die cut the swirly strip from the Gallant Gate die set out of cream and just the edge out of gold to give it a backing, these were layered together and a ribbon tied to the front and stuck in place.  This decorative strip was then attached to the front of the mountain fold.  

For the central panel, I layered a strip of gold card with a strip of card I had embossed with the Idyllics Garland Fancy embossing folder and stuck them in place.

For the left panel I die cut the edged square panel from Deck the Halls Sentiment Frame, the layering square from the Garland Fancy set in gold and in cream, patterned the cream layer and cut out the centre.  These were layered together with 3d foam and glued onto the main card with a die cut greeting.  A matching bow was stuck to this panel along with a gold pearl.

The right panel started with the cream square which was patterned with the Deck the Halls sentiment frame. The Rococo Christmas tree was die cut in green gloss card and gold glitter card, the little stars and the pot were cut out of the gold glitter and stuck in place.  The tree was stuck the the panel with 3d foam which was then glued in place on the card.  The card was finished with some red pearls as baubles on the tree.

Hope you like it
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x