Translate

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Framed Birthday

Just a quick card today as I have some exciting makes for this weekend, follow me to find out more.

I made a square card from an A4 sheet by scoring on my board at half A4, turning my card 90 degrees and scoring half A4 again.  Trim off the smaller section and fold along the remaining score line to give you a square card.

Just to add some depth, I 'double' layered using purple pearlescent paper, white card and purple pearlescent paper again.  I then cut my top white card layer and embossed it using the Tonic Studios Roseanna A4 embossing folder.
To cut my aperture, I turned the embossed layer over and placed the frame die I was using, in this case the Wild Briar Border from the Tonic Studios Topper Set. After placing it where I wanted, I drew around it in pencil, then measured 1cm in from all sides and drew those lines in too.
I lined up the corner of the die and drew around the rounded corners and finally cut it out.
Add a small piece of ribbon to either side of the aperture then I die cut my frame out of matching white card and using some double sided tape, stuck it in place with the swirly edge showing in the aperture.  I used one of the sentiments from the Loving Birthday Topper Pack and lined it up in the frame using some low tack tape, I flipped the whole thing over and added my double sided tape to the sentiment, lining it back up and sticking in place.
Remove the low tack tape and add some 3d foam pads to hold the frame slightly away from the sentiment and stick in place.  Add a few layered punched flowers, a few pearl centres and a nice big matching bow to complete.

Nice and simple but very effective, hope you like it,

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x