Translate

Friday 3 October 2014

Glittery Circles

My apologies for the poor photographs.  I made this card a couple of weeks ago before I realised that having a lot of mirri card and glitter wouldn't actually photograph all that well! I'll still talk you through it as its so much nicer 'in the flesh' so to speak.

Ok, for this one I started off by making a couple of square gate fold card blanks out of A4 sheets of card by scoring along the half a4 line of your score board, you also need to score the gate a4 line, turn and score half a4 again and cut this smaller panel off.

I taped them together with double sided tape by laying them out on my desk, plain panels together, with one opening to the left and one opening to the right then lining up the plain panels so they lie directly over one another.  To trim the fronts, place on your trimmer and cut from each fold line diagonally across the gate fold down to the corner.  Fold the two gate fold triangular panels back on themselves.

For the main panel decoration I used silver mirri to cut the largest scalloped square layering die that would fit, I layered a square of pink pearlescent paper on top of this and added the silver mirri corners from the Tonic Studios Intrica Beautiful Bramble Square die set.  I die cut the both sides of the You Make Everyday Perfect Semi Dies but for the outside I just used a scalloped circle, again from Tonic's layering dies.  I was trying to think of alternative ways to stick these die cuts down so for this one I cut a plain circle the same size as my die cut and as I couldn't find my sheets of sticky film, I completely covered the front of the circle with double sided tape.  I carefully placed the die cut on top as there's absolutely no room for error with these beautifully intricate designs and such a sticky background and covered the exposed sticky areas with a pale pink iridescent ultra fine glitter.  I mounted this circle with 3d foam pads and adhered in place, adding some tiny pink gems on the little hearts in the die cut.

For the larger of the front panels I punched a strip of matching pink pearlescent paper with the Intrica Rose Border punch on either side and again, as I did with the circle, I covered the panel with double sided tape, placed the punch strip, trimmed it down and covered the exposed sticky area, this time with a crystal iridescent ultra fine glitter.  I obviously repeated this on the other side, to match, adding a tiny gem to the centres of all of the tiny roses.

The small triangles at the very front were just layered with the matching pink pearlescent paper and a matching corner was added as before with some matching tiny gems.  These were finished off with a couple of simple iridescent looped bows, finished with a gem.
Very sparkly, I think you'll agree, but we have to cater for all of our diverse tastes.  Hope you like it,

Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x