Translate

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Frosty Christmas Poinsettia Swag

For today's card I've gone for a frosty Blue Glitter and White card theme.

I started out with a scalloped 6" x 6" card blank and die cut one of the Tonic Studios Christmas Wishes header dies into it, I cut a blue glitter backing piece by just using just the shape cutting die without the pattern one.  I glued this on with silicone glue because of the glitter on the card.

I cut some layers for my card and rounded the corners to tie in with the card scallops and again using silicone glue because of the glitter, stuck them together and double sided taped them to the base card.

The Joy To The World sentiment was from the Tonic Studios Round Cracker Die set which was cut in blue glitter and white to match the base card, layered slightly offset and stuck in place with silicone glue for dimension.

The Poinsettia Swag was made out of the Tonic Studios Rococo Poinsettia Wreath die which I cut three times in blue glitter card and four times out of white card which were then trimmed down for layering.  I glued the blue ones onto the card itself angling the two at the sides and adding just the flower off the third onto the centre.  I shaped the white flowers with the Tonic Studios Floral Crafters Tool Set, this is fabulous for shaping flowers as it has a few sizes of embossing tool and a foam mat. These white poinsettias were stuck in place with silicone glue for dimension and a tiny blue flower added to the centre to hide the glue and tiny white flowers layered over the blue glitter base flowers.

I added a few blue and white pearls to the flower centres just to cover the holes and finished with a white bow.

I hope you like it

Karen x

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment.
Karen x